- Unprecedented flat tuning bandwidth of 10 MHz
- Continuous laser frequency tuning of 10 GHz
- High power >17 dBm (50 mW) output power at 1550 nm
- Highly linear tuning, no hysteresis
- Linearization free FCMW signal
- Ultra-low frequency noise (< 100 Hz short term linewidth) comparable with bulk fiber lasers
- Coherence length >500 km
- Photonic integrated circuit-based technology
- Compact OEM packaging
- In-package integrated triangular FMCW signal generator (nonlinearity <0.5%)
Our lasers are packaged in a 14-pin, OC-48 compatible hermetic butterfly packaging designed to be immune to mode or optical frequency hopping. Wide operating temperature range is achieved by using built-in industry-proven TECs and thermistors. The device is DC coupled, with built-in FMCW laser scanning electronics.
An integrated photonics and electronics architecture is crucial for LiDAR applications with stringent requirements that provide long-term stability free of drifts and changes in response function. It allows using of more complicated modulation signals.
This work has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101035029.